The mandate of IIIM is to be an internationally competitive centre of excellence in all facets of natural products research and technology, including (a) discovery of novel pharmacologically active natural products from plants and microbial species and translating them into drug leads and candidates by medicinal chemistry, preclinical pharmacology and clinical development. This approach is pursued both in NCE as well as botanical herbal mode; (b) Preclinical and clinical validation and establishment of mechanism of action of drugs used in various Indian systems of Medicines (Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and other Indigenous systems of medicine); (c) develop agro-technologies and commercial cultivation of high value medicinal and aromatic plants from Western Himalayas including Kashmir Valley and Laddkh for national and international markets; and (d) to work with Indian and global pharmaceutical industry to out-license new products and technologies.
- ➼ Medicinal Chemistry (Hit to pharmacokinetics, formulation and Preclinical development)
- ➼ Biotechnology of plants and microbial secondary metabolites
- ➼Fermentation based technologies of Industrial products
- ➼ Phytopharmaceutical drug discovery (GAP,GLP,GMP,GCP)
- ➼ NABL accredited QC/QA of drugs, foods, essential oils etc.
- ➼ Pharmacology of Cancer, Inflammation, Infection (Clinical microbiology) and Neurodegenerative disorders
- ➼ Societal outreach programme in cultivation of Medicinal and Aromatic crops for better income and lively hood to rural poor and employment generation.