Dr. Mahendra Kumar Verma
Sr. Technical Officer(I)
Natural Products & Medicinal Chemistry Division
CSIR – Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, Canal Road, Jammu – 180001
- Research& Development in the area of Analytical Chemistry and its application in drug discovery with special reference Chemistry of Natural Products. Discovery and development of bioactive natural products from plant source and exploration of plant secondary metabolites for their commercialization through isolation, characterization, and value addition.
- Bio-prospection of traditional medicinal plant as well as chemically unexplored/less explored high altitude plants.
- Structure elucidation of novel/known secondary metabolites through spectroscopic techniques especially 2D NMR.
- Development of protocols for standardization of herbal and poly herbal formulations/ bioactive extracts/fractions on the basis of phyto-chemical reference standards (PRS) by using modern analytical techniques (HPTLC, HPLC, GC-MS, LC/MS).
- Chemo-profiling of high value aromatic plants.
|Ph.D.||Analytical Chemistry||Univ. of Rajasthan, Jaipur||2005|
|M.Sc.||Physical Chemistry||Univ. of Rajasthan, Jaipur||2000|
|B.Sc.||Chemistry & Biology||Univ. of Rajasthan, Jaipur||1998|
Area of Expertise
- Analytical Chemistry with special reference to Chemistry of Natural Products
- Modern analytical techniques (HPTLC, HPLC, GC-MS, LC/MS etc.) for phytochemical Analysis
- Natural Product Chemistry and Pharmacology of Medicinal Plants (MLP-4012)
- Creation of national repository of pure natural products (MLP-4013)
|G Chandan, C Kumar, MK Verma, NK Satti, AK Saini, RV Saini||Datura stramonium essential oil composition and it’s immunostimulatory potential against colon cancer cells||3 Biotech 10 (10), 1-14 (2020)|
|C Kumar, A Kumar, Y Nalli, WI Lone, NK Satti, MK Verma, Z Ahmed, A Ali||Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of alantolactone derivatives as potential anti-inflammatory agents||Medicinal Chemistry Research 28 (6), 849-856 (2019)|
|S Sharma, M Kumar, RA Vishwakarma, MK Verma, PP Singh||Room Temperature, Metal-catalyzed Oxidative Acylation of Electron-deficient Heteroarenes with Alkynes, its Mechanism and Application Studies||Journal of organic chemistry,83 (20), 12420–12431(2018)|
|R Godara, M K Verma, R Katoch, A Yadav, P Dutt, N K Satti, M Katoch||In vitro acaricidal activity of Piper nigrum and Piper longum fruit extracts and their active components against Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) microplus ticks||Experimental and Applied Acarology, 1-11(2018)|
|Neha Sharma, Ashok Kumar, P.R. Sharma, Arem Qayum, Shashank K. Singh, Prabhu Dutt, Satya Paul, Vivek Gupta, MK Verma, N.K Satti, R. Vishwakarma||A new clerodane furano diterpene glycoside from Tinospora cordifolia triggers autophagy and apoptosis in HCT-116 colon cancer cells||Journal of Ethnopharmacology,211,295-310(2018)|
|Shahzad Pandith, Niha Dhar, Tareq Wani, Sumeer Razdan, Wajid Bhat, Satiander Rana, , Shabnam Khan, M K Verma, Surrinder Lattoo||Production dynamics in relation to ontogenetic development and induction of genetic instability through in vitro approaches in Pelargonium graveolens: A potential essential oil crop for sub-tropics||Flavour & Fragrance Journal, 32(5) 376-387(2017)|
|Neha Sharma, Vikram Bhardwaj, Samar Singh, Sheikh Abid Ali, D.K. Gupta, Satya Paul, Naresh K. Satti, Suresh Chandra, MK Verma||Simultaneous Quantification of Triterpenoic acids by High Performance Liquid Chromatography Method in the extracts of gum resin of Boswellia serrata obtained by different Extraction Techniques.||Chemistry Central Journal, 10:49 (2016)|
|Neha Sharma, Chetan Kumar, Prabhu Dutt, Suphla Gupta, Naresh K. Satti, Suresh Chandra, Surinder Kitchlu, Satya Paul, Ram A. Vishwakarma and MK Verma||Isolation, Chemical Fingerprinting and Simultaneous Quantification of Four Compounds from Tanacetum gracile Using a Validated HPLC–ESI-QTOF-Mass Spectrometry Method||J. Chromatogr Sci, 54(5) 796–804 (2016)|
|Neha Sharma, M K Verma, D K Gupta, N K Satti, R K Khajuria||Isolation and Quantification of Pinitol in Argyrolobium roseum Plant , by 1H-NMR||J. Saudi Chem. Soc. 20(1)81-87 (2016)|
|D K Gupta, M K Verma, Shankar Lal , Rajneesh Anand , R K Khajuria , Surinder Kitchlu and Surrinder Koul||Extraction Studies of Podophyllum hexandrum using Conventional and Non Conventional Methods by HPLC-UV-DAD||Journal of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies, 37:259–273, (2014)|
Awards and Honours
- Departmental research fellowship was awarded during the Ph.D.
- “Scientist of the Year award 2016” by Essential Oil Association of India
- Three year Membership Award by American Chemical Society (ACS) w.ef July 2015 to 2018