Dr. J S Momo Hmungshel A.
Natural Products & Medicinal Chemistry Division
CSIR – Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, Canal Road, Jammu – 180001
Jasha Momo Hmungshel, Ph.D., MRSC, received his Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (Honours) with Biochemistry & Zoology (Elective), in 2005 at St. Edmund’s College, Shillong, India and Master of Science in Chemistry (Organic Chemistry), in 2007, from North Eastern Hill University, Shillong, India. He went on to complete his Ph.D. in the field of Natural Product Chemistry from the Department of Chemistry, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong, India, in 2016. He worked as STA in Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility (SAIF), North Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Meghalaya, India before he joined Natural Products & Medicinal Chemistry Division (NPC), CSIR-IIIM, at Jammu. His Research Interest are: Chemistry of Natural Products, Organic Synthesis, Chemical Biology, Enzymatic reactions. He also has keen interest in networking Science with Society. He believes in curiosity driven Chemistry and Science.
|PhD||Natural Product Chemistry||North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong, India||2016|
|M.Sc.||Chemistry/Organic Chemistry||NEHU, Shillong, India||2007|
|BSc. (Hons.)||Chemistry (Hons.), Biochemistry, Zoology||NEHU, Shillong, India||2005|
|Scientist||10.08.2020-till date||CSIR-IIIM, Jammu|
|STA||30th November, 2011-21st July, 2020||Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong – 793022,
Area of Expertise
- Natural Product Isolation Techniques
- Purification Techniques
- Organic synthesis
- Experience in handling analytical techniques NMR spectroscopy, Mass spectrometry
- Microwave reactors
- Solvent purification systems
- Column Chromatography
- FT-IR spectroscopy
- Fluorescence and UV-Vis spectroscopy
- Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy
- Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Scanning electron microscopy
- Cyclic voltammetry
- Inductively coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectroscopy related to Natural products/Organic compounds sample analysis and instrument operations and handling chiral columns for resolving chiral/enantiomeric compounds in HPLC.
|Ongoing Project||Funding Agency||Role|
|CSIR-Aroma Mission Phase 2 (HCP-007)||CSIR, New Delhi||Co-PI|
|Phytopharmaceutical Development of Ficus semicordata Buch. -Ham. Ex Sm. as per regulatory guidelines of DCGI (under the phytopharmaceutical Mission for North East Region) [GAP2180]
|DBT, New Delhi||Co-ordinator & PI|
|Bishwajit Changmai, Gunindra Pathak, Jasha Momo H A. and Lalthazuala Rokhum||Heterogeneous system in organic synthesis.||Mini-Reviews in Organic Chemistry, Volume 17; pp.740 – 753 (2020);
|Jasha Momo H. A., O. Sanentiba Ozukum, S. Willson Monsang, Ghanashyam Bez Donkupar Syiem.||Comparison of the cyclic voltammetry (CV) and bio-assays for the determination of antioxidant Capacity from different extracts of Potentilla fulgens L… L.
|Trends in Experimental BIOLOGY, Volume 3, pp.50-60 (2018).|
|Diparjun Das, Gunindra Pathak, Jasha Momo H. A., Lalthazuala Rokhum||Polymer Supported Triphenylphosphine-Methylacrylate Complex: An Efficient Catalyst for the Selective Iodination of Alcohols.||Current Applied Polymer Science, 2017, 1, 63-71.
|Diparjun Das, Jasha Momo H A. and Lalthazuala Rokhum||A mild and highly Chemoselective iodination of alcohol using polymer supported DMAP
|Journal of Chemical Science, Vol. 128, No. 11, pp. 1695–170 (2016).|
|Jasha Momo H. A. and Petevino Chase|| Trace elements analysis in some medicinal plants using Graphite Furnace-Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy.
|Environmental Engineering Research, 21(3): pp.247-255(2016).|
|Jasha Momo H. A., Rabiya Majeed, Ghanashyam Bez, Donkupar Syiem, Abid Hamid and Ajit K. Saxena|| In vitro cytotoxicity of the polar extracts of Potentilla fulgens L. against human cancer cell lines: Detection and isolation of bioactive phenolics.
|Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 6(9): pp.89-95(2014).|
|E. Dkhar, Paul S. Dkhar, and Jasha Momo H. A.||Trace Elements Analysis in Drinking Water of Meghalaya by Using Graphite Furnace-Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy and in relation to Environmental and Health Issues.
|Journal of Chemistry Volume 2014, Article ID 975810, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/975810.|
|Jasha Momo H. A.||Trace and Essential Elements Analysis in Cymbopogon citrates (DC.) Stapf Samples by Graphite Furnace-Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy and Its Health Concern.
|Journal of Toxicology, Article ID 690758, Volume 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/690758.
|Pranjal P. Bora, Ghanashyam Bez, Jasha Momo H. A. (2011).||First example of hydrolytic kinetic resolution of acrylate of secondary alcohols by lipase Amano AK.
|Journal of Molecular Catalysis B: Enzymatic 72, pp. 270– 275.|
Awards and Honours
- Annual Member, Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata, India.
- Life Member, Electron Microscopy Society of India, Kolkata, India.
- Affiliate Member, International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC).
- Member, Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), London.
- Member, Sub-committee, Conference Presence Committee, International Younger Chemist Network (IYCN).
- Member, American Chemical Society (ACS), Washington, D.C.
Awards and Distinctions:
- IUPAC Travel grant to attended IUPAC General Assembly & Conference, Paris, 2019
- DST-SERB Young Scientist International Travel Scheme (ITS) Grant by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India (2012).
- DST-FIST-NER visiting fellowship to Ph.D. student by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India (2010-2011).
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) qualified in Chemical Sciences, March, 2009 conducted by IIT, Roorkee.
|Photo||Name||Area of Interest||Position|
|WASEEM IQBAL LONE||Natural Products & Medicinal Chemistry||AcSIR PhD Scholar/ Project Associate-I (CSIR-Aroma Mission 2.0)|
|Extraction, isolation and purification of natural products and semi-synthetic modification of natural products||AcSIR PhD Scholar/ Project Associate-I (CSIR-Aroma Mission 2.0)|
|CHETAN PAUL SINGH||Extraction, isolation and purification of natural products and semi-synthetic modification of natural products||Project Associate-I (DBT funded Phytomaceutical project)|