Dr. Vishav Prakash Rahul
Plant Sciences and Agrotechnology Division (PSA)
CSIR – Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine,Canal Road, Jammu – 180001
My research interests concentrate on development of new varieties of medicinal and aromatic plants (MAPs). Germplasm collection, screening of germplasm and improvement of elite lines. Development of agro-technology and handle plant genetic (hereditary asset) resource as well as extension programme of MAPs. Organize Kisan Mela, participation in farmer centric technology exhibition, farmer training programme in GAP on MAPs and its marketing etc
|Ph.D. (Agriculture)||Genetics and Plant Breeding||NDUAT Kumarganj, Faizabad , UP||2014|
|M.Sc. (Agriculture)||Genetics and Plant Breeding||CSAUAT, Kanpur, UP||2010|
|B.Sc. (Agriculture Honours)||Agriculture||SVBPUAT, Meerut , UP||2008|
|Senior Scientist||June2020-Present||CSIR-IIIM Jammu|
|Scientist IV(2)||June2016-June2020||CSIR-IIIM Jammu|
|Assistant Professor||2014-2016||Dolphin PG College of Science and Agriculture, Punjab, Punjabi University Patiala|
Area of Expertise
- Maintenance and standardization of bio-resource pool
- Generation of Quality Planting Material.
- Acclimatization under sub environmental condition of Jammu region
- Extension and transplantation of Quality Planting Material in different agro-climatic zone in different locations of the country.
- Creation of awareness, organizes training programmes, demonstration about cultivation and marketing of Medicinal and Aromatic Crops.
- Release of new elite varieties:
- Development of suitable MAPs for different agro-ecological conditions
- Breeding for tolerance to drought & temperature extremities
- Breeding for improved quality in Medicinal and Aromatic Plants.
- Seed production
- Cannabis germplasm evaluation and its phytocannabinoids study
- CSIR-Aroma mission
- Product development based on thymol-rich Jammu Monarda
- CSIR-Phytopharmaceuticals mission
- Rural prosperity through medicinal and aromatic plants
- “Field demonstration of region specific Medicinal & Aromatic plants genotypes of CSIR for socio-economic upliftment of masses in J & K region [RSP 4001 – J&K AROMA AROGYA GRAM –JAAG]”
- “Agro-technology transfer and Thymol Crystal from Jammu Monarda” [MLP 2011]”
- Cultivation and chemical evaluation of different accessions of Cannabis sativa (Hemp) for identification of elite accession(s).
- Introduction, Domestication, Improvement & Cultivation of Economically Important Plants
|Manu Khajuria, V P Rahul And Dhiraj Vyas (2020)
|“Photochemical Efficiency Is Negatively Correlated With the Δ 9- Tetrahydrocannabinol Content in Cannabis sativa L.”||Plant Physiology And Biochemistry 151 (2020) 589–600|
|V P Rahul, Bhumika Kapoor, Sougata Sarkar and Sabha Jeet (2020)
|Seasonal incidence of Ocimum tingid bug, Cochlochila bullita Stal (Heteroptera: Tingidae) on three different species of Ocimum viz. Ocimum basilicum L., Ocimum sanctum L. and Ocimum kilimandscharicum Guerke..||Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry; 9(4): 3138-3144|
|Sougata Sarkar, Pooja Saraswat, Amit Kumar, Palvi Anand, Indrapal Verma, V P Rahul, Amit Kumar And Chandrapal Singh (2020)
|Allelopathy as a tool to influence essential oil quality profile of mentha piperita l.,||Journal Of Medicinal And Aromatic Plant Sciences 42(1-2), 2020; 94-101|
|Ankur Kumar, Sunil Malik, Pallavi Chaudhary and V. P. Rahul (2020)
|Impact of Blossoming Qualities among Various Cultivars of Mango (Mangifera indica L.) under Western Uttar Pradesh Conditions.||Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci..9(6): 2029-2034.|
|M.P. Chauhan, H.K. Singh, V.P. Rahul and Jay Kumar Yadav (2016)||Inheritance of resistance to powdery mildew disease of linseed (Linum usitatissimum L.)||Indian Phytopath. 69 (4s) : 218-220|
|Mohit Chaudhary, V.P Rahul, Vivek Singh and M. P. Chauhan (2016)
|Correlation and path coefficient analysis for yield and Yield related traits in linseed (Linum usitatissimum l).||The Bioscan 11(2):939-942,|
|Surendra Singh, Lokendra Singh, V.P Rahul, and Kuldeep (2014).
|Study on characters association and path analysis in field pea (Pisum sativum L.).||Internat. J. Plant Sci., 9 (1): 213-215.|
|V. P. Rahul, Bharat Bhushan1, Ravi Kumar and Ram Krishna (2017)
|Genetic divergence analysis of yield and its contributing traits in tall field Pea (Pisum sativum L.)||International Journal of Agricultural Invention 2(1):60 – 63.|
|Ravi Kumar, VP Rahul, Neeraj Kumar and M. P. Chauhan (2014)||Combining ability for yield and its components in linseed (Linum usitatissimum L.)||Research Journal of Agricultural Sciences.
|Mohit Chaudhary, V. P. Rahul, Vivek Singh and M. P. Chauhan (2016)
|study on genetic divergence in linseed (linum usitatissimum l.) Germplasm based on morphological and quality traits.||The Bioscan 11(2):953-957.|
VP Rahul, Rajendra Bhanwaria, Chandra Pal Singh, Rajendra Gochar, Amit Kumar, Kaushal Kumar, Jagannath Pal and Bikarma Singh (2019)
|Exploring Commercial Cultivation of
Tissue Cultured Raised Banana in
Himalayan Shivalik Range ,
|Book chapter in Plants of Commercial Values by CRC Press UK Taylor & Francis group. UK ISBN 9780367819361 pp 133-145.|
|Radhika Aanand, Sumit Sharma, Pankaj Singh Cham, Veeranjanyelelu Gannedi, Mukesh Kumar,Mukesh Kumar Singh,Varun Pratap, Vishav Prakash Rahul, Ram Asrey Vishwakarma, and Parvinder Pal Singh||Process For The Synthesis Of Cannabidiol And its Analogs||India
Awards and Honours
- Ultra International Team Award at International Congress of Essential Oils held in Bangalore from 3rd to 5th August 2018 for the innovative and meaningful efforts towards promotion of cultivation and processing of aromatic crops for improving the production of essential oils in India and for enhancing the income of large numbers of farmers under CSIR-Aroma Mission. Received as a Vertical PI of CSIR-Aroma Mission from CSIR-IIIM, Jammu.
- ICAR-SRF (PG) 2010 from Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi