Er. Anil Kumar Katare
Quality Management & Instrumentation Division
CSIR – Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine,Canal Road, Jammu – 180001
Er. Anil Kumar Katare born as Indian, and currently working as Senior Scientist in CSIR-Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine Jammu, one of the pioneer institute of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) known for
the largest research and development activities coming under Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, as well as engaged and recognized as Assistant Professor of AcSIR, New Delhi, India.
Er. Anil Kumar Katare Post Graduated as a Chemical Engineer with specialization of Environmental Management from Ujjain Engineering College, Ujjain (M.P.) affiliated with R.G.P.V. University Bhopal (M.P.) and pursuing research for his Doctorate Degree (PhD) in Chemical Engineer from R.G.P.V. Bhopal (M.P.). Prior to joining CSIR-IIIM Jammu, he was working as Assistant professor in Shri Govindram Seksaria Institute of Technology and Science (S.G.S.I.T.S), Indore (M.P.).
Currently, Er. Anil Kumar Katare pursued research with passion and has more than Ten year’s research experience in the area of Chemical Engineering, establishment and operation of cGMP pilot plant, having expertise in value addition from essential oils, has four research articles published in various reputed national and international SCI, and UGC-recognized peer-reviewed journals and recent ones is on “COVID-19”, Published four books chapters, three patents filed credited to his account for research work on medicinal aspects, worked as project investigator and Co-PI/Team member for more than seven research projects funded by Govt. and Private organization on R&D work and rural socio-economic up-liftment activities.
|Doctor of Philosophy
|Chemical Engineering||R.G.P.V. Bhopal (M.P.)||———|
|Masters in Technology (M.Tech.)||Chemical Engineering (Environmental Management )||R.G.P.V. Bhopal (M.P.)||2004|
|Bachelor in Engineering (B.E.)||Chemical Engineering||Vikram University Ujjain (M.P.)||1998|
|Principal Scientist||2019-Till Date||CSIR-IIIM Jammu|
|Senior Scientist||05/07/2014 – 2018||CED/cGMP,
Area of Expertise
- Lab scale process development on Soxhlet extraction.
- Scale-up and optimized process on pilot plant (GMP/Non-GMP) for the extraction of high altitude medicinal plants.
- Contract manufacturing of botanical extract/formulation on loan licence basis for third party.
- Generation of Pre-clinical & Clinical data for IND filling.
- Formulation development of botanical extract in various dosages forms i.e. Tablets, Capsules, Syrup and Churanan.
- Stability studies of IND/NCE Molecules on real time and accelerated conditions as per the ICH guidelines.
- Skill development training programme for UG/PG students (3/6 Months) and also for industry persons.
- Maintenance on utilities i.e. Boiler, Chillers, Compressor, ETP etc.
- cGMP pilot plant for Extraction, Formulation and Packaging of Traditional (ISM) herbal Medicinal formulation, financed by CSIR-IIIM Jammu, DST New Delhi, and Ayush.
- Introduction domestication improvement & cultivation economically improved plants (BSC-0110).
- Nurturing a new Pan-CSIR drug pipe line: high intensity preclinical, clinical studies on lead candidates. (BSC-0205).
- CSIR-Phytopharmaceuticals Mission (HCP-0010).
- CSIR Aroma Mission (HCP-0007).
- Value addition and Product development based on bio-resources of Jammu and Kashmir” Natural Vitamin C.
- Development of new Nutraceuticals botanicals under cGMP regulatory.
- Development of new Nutraceuticals botanicals product under cGMP regulatory for multivitamins chewable tablets on prototype level.
- Developmentof Phytopharmaceutical product for Boovine Mastitis (GAP-2141).
- Technology Business Incubator-Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, Jammu, (National cGMP facility for Manufacture of Phytopharmaceutical Drugs)
- “Phytopharmaceutical Development ofFicus semicordata-Ham. ex Sm. as per regulatory guidelines of DCGI (under the Phytopharmaceutical Mission for North East Region)” GAP-2180.
- Development of Boswellia serrata based Phytopharmaceutical Drug for Osteoarthritis.
CBD-THC Enriched Phytopharmaceutical Drug for Cancer Pain management
- Preclinical development of gastro-protective botanical candidate from Woodfordia fruticosa: Chemical standardization, Efficacy, Pharmacokinetics and Safety pharmacology Journal of Ethnopharmacology as Co-Author.
- Rapid determination and optimisation of berberine from Himalayan Berberis lycium by soxhlet apparatus using CCD-RSM and its quality control as a potential candidate for COVID-19
|Sakshi Sharma , Arvind Kumar, Sunil Kumar, Anil K. Katare, Hina F. Bhat, Abdo Hassoun, Abderrahmane Aït-Kaddour, Rana Muhammad Aadil, Tanyaradzwa E. Mungure, Zuhaib F. Bhat.||Withania somnifera fruit extract is effective in controlling microbial growth and lipid oxidation and improves the functional value of cheese||Food Chemistry Advances (I.F.-9.231)|
|Chetan Paul Singh, Akshima Sharma, Kajal Sharma, Priya Darshani, Anil Katare, Deepak Kumar & Yogesh P. Bharitkar||
Two new cycloartane type triterpenes from
|Natural Product Research (I.F.-2.488)|
|Mamta Gocher, Rajendra Gochar, Anil Kumar Katare & Rajendra Bhanwaria||Impact of Drying Methods on Qualitative and Quantitative of Monarda citriodora Cerv. ex Lag. Essential Oil Yield||Journal of Essential Oil Bearing Plants I.F.-1.971)|
|Inshad A. Khan, Amarinder Singh, Durga P. Mindala, Samdarshi Meena, Bhavana Vij, Arvind K. Yadav, Sumit Roy, Utpal Nandi, Anil K. Katare, Sundeep Jaglan, Deepika Singh, Ajai P. Gupta, Prasoon Gupta, Surjeet Singh, Manoj K. Tikko, Gurdarshan Singh, Ram A. Vishwakarma.||“Preclinical development of gastro-protective botanical candidate from Woodfordia fruticosa: Chemical standardization, Efficacy, Pharmacokinetics and Safety pharmacology”
|Journal of Ethnopharmacology (SCI) (IF 3.690)|
|Anil Kumar Katare, Bikarma Singh, Pooja Shukla, Sandeep Gupta, Bishander Singh, Kavya Yalamanchili, Nitin Kulshrestha, Rajendra Bhanwaria, Ashok Kumar Sharma, Sarita Sharma, Sneha, Durga Prasad Mindala, Sumit Roy, Rahul Kalgotra||Rapid determination and optimisation of berberine from Himalayan Berberis lycium by soxhlet apparatus using CCD-RSM and its quality control as a potential candidate for COVID-19”||Natural Product Research (SCI) (IF 2.20)|
|Asha Upadhyay,Lalit Upadhyay,Sandeep Gupta,Anil Katare||Assessing eichhornia crassipes phytoremediation prospects for steel fabrication industry effluent||Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR) (Non-SCI)|
|Sandeep Gupta,Anil Katare,Asha Upadhyay||Seasonal Trends and Source Apportionment Study of RSPM, PM2.5, NO2 and SO2 in Ambient Air of Jammu City, Jammu & Kashmir||Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR) (Non-SCI)|
|Anil Kumar Katare,Bikarma Singh||Botanical Sources, Chemistry Aspects and Biological Functions of Berberine: An Updated Critical Review||“Botanical Leads for DrugDiscovery” Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd.|
|Anil Kumar Katare, Inshad Ali Khan, Durga Prasad Mindala, Naresh Kumar Satti, Bal Krishan Chandan, Bikarma Singh,Gurdarshan Singh, Mowkashi Khullar, Neelam Sharma||Colebrookea oppositifolia Sm., An Important Hepatoprotective
Phytopharma Plant in Drug Discovery
|“Plants for Human Survival and Medicine”, New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi (India)|
|Rajendra Gochar, Bikarma Singh, Mamta Gochar, Rajendra Bhanwaria, Anil Kumar Katare||Grewia asiatica L., an Important Plant of Shivalik Hills: Agrotechnology and Product Development||“Plants for Human Survival and Medicine”, New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi (India)|
|Anil Kumar Katare, Inshad Ali Khan, Durga Prasad Mindala, Prasoon Kumar Gupta, Surjeet Singh, Bikarma Singh||Woodfordia fructicosa (L.) Kurz., a Potent Indian Medicinal Plant in Curing Peptic Ulcer||“Plants of Commercial Values”, New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi, India|
- Gastroretentive Sustained Release Formulations of Bergenia Ciliata. Bharate Sonali Sandip, Singh Rohit, Gupta Mehak, Singh Bikarma, Katare Anil Kumar, Kumar Ajay, Bharate Sandip Bibishan, Vishwakarma Ram.(0120NF2017/IN).
- Gastroretentive Sustained Release Formulations of Bergenia Ciliata. Bharate Sonali Sandip, Singh Rohit, Gupta Mehak, Singh Bikarma, Katare Anil Kumar, Kumar Ajay, Bharate Sandip Bibishan, Vishwakarma Ram. (International patent filled).
- A Formulation of Glycyrrhiza Glabra based hydrogel product for skin Photoprotection and Preparation Thereof. Shaikh Tassaduq Abdullah, Pyare Lal Sangwan, Katare Anil Kumar, Kumar Amit, Nazir Ahmad Lone,Umar Ahmad Sheikh,Raghu Rai Sharma,Rajneesh Anand, Vishwakarma Ram Asrey (Indian and International patent filled).
|Shaikh Tassaduq Abdullah, Pyare Lal Sangwan, Katare Anil Kumar, Kumar Amit, Nazir Ahmad Lone,Umar Ahmad Sheikh,Raghu Rai Sharma,Rajneesh Anand, Vishwakarma Ram Asrey||A Formulation of Glycyrrhiza Glabra based hydrogel product for skin Photoprotection and Preparation Thereof||Indian and International patent filled.||2020|
|Bharate Sonali Sandip, Singh Rohit, Gupta Mehak, Singh Bikarma, Katare Anil Kumar, Kumar Ajay, Bharate Sandip Bibishan, Vishwakarma Ram.||Gastroretentive Sustained Release Formulations of Bergenia Ciliata||International patent filled IN/16.10.17/INA201711036683||2018|
|Bharate Sonali Sandip, Singh Rohit, Gupta Mehak, Singh Bikarma, Katare Anil Kumar, Kumar Ajay, Bharate Sandip Bibishan, Vishwakarma Ram||Gastroretentive Sustained Release Formulations of Bergenia Ciliata||0120NF2017/IN||2018|
Awards and Honours
- Director, Section-8 Companyunder TBI.
- Qualified in Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) 2000
|S NO.||Name||Area of Interest||Position|