Dr. D. Srinivasa Reddy, Director, CSIR-Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, Jammu, has been selected for the highly prestigious J C Bose Fellowship by Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
The JC Bose fellowship is awarded to an active scientist in recognition of their outstanding performance. The fellowship is scientist-specific and very selective. The J C Bose Fellow will receive a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- pm and a research grant of Rs. 15 lakhs per annum and is provided initially for a period of 5 years. The fellowship can be extended beyond five years based on performance during the first five-year tenure.
Dr. Reddy has made significant contributions in the area of total synthesis of natural products and medicinal chemistry. His research work resulted in discovering leads with potential to take forward in developing drugs for treating various diseases such as diabetes, obesity and infectious diseases. In addition, efforts toward crop protection and mosquito repellents are worth highlighting.
Dr. Reddy has been recognized for many awards and honours which include
- The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award (SSB) in Chemical Sciences
- Sun Pharma Research Award (Ranbaxy Research Award) in the field of pharmaceutical sciences
- NASI-Reliance Industries Platinum Jubilee Award for application-oriented innovations in physical sciences
- OPPI (Organization of Pharmaceutical Producers of India) Scientist Award
- Elected as a Fellow of Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru- FASc
- CRSI Bronze Medal in recognition of his contribution in chemical science
- Elected as a Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, India – NASI
- Editor of Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, an Elsevier publication.