Quality Management & Instrumentation Division
CSIR – Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, Canal Road, Jammu – 180001
Sumit Roy born on 21 January 1988 in Bijnor (UP) India, family belong from West Bengal and migrated in Bijnor. Schooling done from a charitable school from Bijnor and Allahabad. After completion of schooling, Sumit Roy completed his Master of Pharmacy degree from Uttarakhand Technical University Dehradun (UK) and graduated in Bachelor of Pharmacy from Vivek college of technical Education, Bijnor, (UP). Currently working as technical assistant CSIR-IIIM, Jammu in cGMP Unit from 2014. Six month dissertation work also done on bioavailability of piperine molecule in PK/PD division in CSIR-IIIM, Jammu under the guidance of Dr. Rakesh Johri (HOD of PK/PD). Completed the training in Akums Pharmaceutical and Drug Ltd. Haridwar (UK) on non beta lactam drugs and handling of various machines during his graduation time. Worked as a Production chemist in formulation department in Shree Dhanwantri Herbals, Baddi, (HP). Sumit Roy represented cGMP department with CSIR team in ISCA 2018, Manipur and won the best Exhibitor award of the year and have the membership of ISCA and approved Technical Staff from Drugs and Food Control Organization, J&K. Involved in different national projects on Peptic Ulcer, Liver fibrosis, Immune Modulators, Bovine Mastitis. Beyond our projects, currently working with Er. Anil Kumar Katare (Sr. Scientist, Head cGMP/CED) in research work on Herbal/Nutritional Formulation & Development and COVID-19.
|Master of Pharmacy
|Pharmaceutics||Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun (India)||2012|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy
|Pharmacy||Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow (India)||2010|
|Technical Assistant||17/01/2017 – Present||CSIR – IIIM, Jammu|
|Project Assistant||27/08/2014 – 09/01/2017||CSIR – IIIM, Jammu|
|Production Chemist||21/06/2012 – 31/07/2014||Shree Dhanwantri Herbals, Baddi, (Himachal Pradesh)|
Area of Expertise
GMP Pilot Plant
- Extraction of medicinal plant materials
- Drying of processes and unprocessed plant material
- Formulation of solid dosage form (Capsule)
- Handling and Sampling of GMP and Non GMP samples
- Preparation and Management of Documents for GMP pilot plant as BMR, SOP’s, Logbook and coding.
- Handling and Operating of Lyophilizer, Extraction unit, Plant Material Dryer, Vacuum Tray Dryer, Spray Dryer, Vacuum Pan Dryer, Pulverizer, Sifter, Sealing Machine, Disintegration Apparatus, Friabilator Apparatus, Harness Tester, Leak Test Apparatus, UV Visible spectroscopy, Moisture analyser, Refractometer, Tap Density Tester
- (BSC0205) – Nurturing the New PAN CSIR Drug pipe line “High intensity preclinical, clinical studies on lead candidates.”
- (HCP0007) – CSIR Aroma Mission
- (HCP0010) – CSIR Phytopharmacetical Mission
- (GAP2160) – TBI – IIIM, Jammu (National cGMP facility for manufacturing of phytopharmacetical drugs).
- (GAP2180) – Phytopharmacetical development of Ficus semicordata buch.-ham.ex Sm. as per regulatory guidelines of DCGI.
- (MLP1003) – Development of new Nutraceuticals botanical under cGMP regulatory.
- CBD/THC enriched phytopharmacetical drugs for cancer pain management.
- Development of Boswellia serrata based phytopharmacetical drug for osteoarthritis.
|Anil Kumar Katare, Bikarma Singh, Pooja Shukla, Sandeep Gupta, Bishander Singh, Kavya Yalamanchili, NitinKulshrestha, RajendraBhanwaria, Ashok Kumar Sharma, Sarita Sharma, Sneha, Durga Prasad Mindala, Sumit Roy & Rahul Kalgotra||“Rapid Determination and Optimization of Berberine from Himalayan Berberislycium by Soxhlet Apparatus Using CCD-RSM and its Quality Control as a Potential Candidate for COVID-19”||Natural Product Research|
|Inshad Khan, Amarinder Singh, Durga Prasad Mindala, samdarshiMeena, Bhavanavij, Arvind Kumar Yadav, Sumit Roy, UTPAL NANDI, Anil Kumar Katare, SundeepJaglan, Deepika Singh, AjaiPrakash Gupta, Prasoon Gupta, Surjeet Singh, Manoj Kumar Tikko, Gurdarshansingh, Ram Vishwakarma||Preclinical development of gastro-protective botanical candidate from Woodfordia fruticosa: Chemical standardization, Efficacy, Pharmacokinetics and Safety pharmacology||Journal of Ethnopharmacology|
|Promod Kumar Sahu, Anjna Sharma, Sheikh Rayees, GurleenKour, Amarinder Singh, MowkshiKhullar, AshmitaMagotra, Shravan Kumar Paswan, Mehak Gupta, Ishtiyaq Ahmed, Sumit Roy, Manoj Kumar Tikoo, SubhashChander Sharma, Surjeet Singh, Gurdarshan Singh||Pharmacokinetic study of piperine in Wistar rats after oral and intravenous administration||International Journal of Drug Delivery|
Awards and Honours
- Best Exhibitor Award in ISCA 2018 with the team of CSIR.
- Approved Technical staff from Drugs and Food Control Organization, J&K.