Dr. D. Srinivasa Reddy
Natural Products & Medicinal Chemistry Division
CSIR – Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, Canal Road, Jammu – 180001
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- 20 Years of research experience (post-PhD) in total synthesis of natural products/medicinal chemistry/drug discovery
- Experienced in leading drug discovery programs (7 years of pharmaindustry experience).
- One of the molecules (Licogliflozin)discovered by his team in industry is currently in human clinical trials (Phase-II), where he was a project leader.
- Has experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary teams as a project leader, in particular, during the tenure at pharma industry.
- Acquired skills in designing novel small molecules and lead optimization.
- Experienced in planning and execution of projects (Govt. and Industry).
- Has developed skills in executing total synthesis of biologically active compounds.
- Discovered an anti-diabetic molecule which is ready for out-licensing.
- Patent out-licensed to Ahammune Biosciences for Vitiligo drug development.
- IdentifiedSilinezolid with high brain:plasma ratio with a potential to treat brain infections.
- Identified novel Insect Repellents – Signed MOU with Ross Lifesciences.
- Developed a method to access enantiopure pheromones towards crop protection.
- Identified of novelCladologs towards potent anti-malarials.
- Identification of an antibiotic lead compound for treating food infections.
|Ph.D.||Synthetic Organic Chemistry,
Adviser: Professor Goverdhan Mehta
|University of Hyderabad, India||2000|
|M.Sc||Organic Chemistry||Osmania University, India||1993|
|B.Sc.||Chemistry, Botany and Zoology||Osmania University, India||1991|
|CSIR- Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine,Jammu, Canal Road, India.|
|SeniorPrincipal Scientist||12/2018-07/2020||Division of Organic Chemistry, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India.|
|Principal Scientist||11/2014-12/2018||Division of Organic Chemistry, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India.|
|Senior Scientist||11/2010-11/2014||Division of Organic Chemistry, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India.|
|Section Head/Group Leader||11/2007-10/2010||Discovery Chemistry, Advinus Therapeutics Pvt. Ltd, Pune, India.|
|Research Investigator/Principal Scientist||12/2003-10/2007||Discovery Chemistry, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Hyderabad, India.|
|Postdoctoral Fellow||9/2001-11/2003||Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Kansas, KS, USA; Mentor: Prof. Jeffrey Aubé|
|Postdoctoral Fellow||6/2000-8/2001||Department of Chemistry, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA; Mentor: Prof. Sergey A. Kozmin|
|Doctoral Student||8/1994-5/2000||Adviser: Prof. Goverdhan Mehta|
Area of Expertise
- Total Synthesis of Biologically Active Natural/Unnatural Products.
- Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery.
|Vidya B. Gunjal,
RiteshThakare, Sidharth Chopra*, D. Srinivasa Reddy*
|Teixobactin: A Paving Stone toward a New Class of Antibiotics?||J. Med. Chem., (ASAP).|
|Paresh R. Athawale, Hanuman P. Kalmode, Zenia Motiwala, Kiran A. Kulkarni, D.
|Overturning the Peribysin Family Natural Products Isolated from Periconiabyssoides
OUPS-N133: Synthesis and Stereochemical Revision of Peribysins A, B, C, F, and G,
|Org. Lett., 2020, 22, 3104|
Lauro, Pronay Das, Raffaele Riccio, D. Srinivasa Reddy*, Giuseppe Bifulco
|DFT/NMR Approach for the Configuration Assignment of Groups of Stereoisomers by
the Combination and Comparison of Experimental and Predicted Sets of Data
Chem.,2020, 85, 3297.
|Dr. Gorakhnath R.
Jachak, Paresh R. Athawale, Rahul Choudhury, Dr. K. Kashinath, D. Srinivasa
|Access to a Stereoisomer Library of Solomonamide Macrocycles||Chem. Asian J., 2019,14, 4572.|
|Ramana Sreenivasa Rao, Femil Joseph Shajana, D. Srinivasa Reddy*||A route to access imidazol[1,5-a]indole-1,3-diones and pyrrolo[1,2-c]imidazole-1,3-
Chem., 2019, 17, 8384
|Paresh R. Athawale , Neeta
Kumari, Monica R. Dandawate, K. Kashinath, D. Srinivasa Reddy*
|Synthesis of Chiral Tetrahydrofuran Building Blocks from Pantolactones: Application in
the Synthesis of Empagliflozin and Amprenavir Analogs
|Eur. J. Org. Chem.
|Vidya B.Gunjal,D. Srinivasa Reddy*||Total synthesis of Met10-teixobactin||Tetrahedron
Letters, 2019, 60, 1909
|Kishor L. Handore, Hanuman P. Kalmode, Shahebaz Sayyad, B.
Seetharamsingh, Ganesh Gathalkar, Sarang Padole, Pushpa V. Pawar, Mary Joseph,
Avalokiteswar Sen*, D. Srinivasa Reddy*
|Insect-Repellent and Mosquitocidal Effects of Noreremophilane- and NardoaristoloneBased Compounds||ACS Omega., 2019, 4, 2188|
|Hanuman P. Kalmode ,Suhag S. Patil ,Kishor L. Handore , Paresh
R. Athawale , Rambabu Dandela, Abhishek Kumar Verma, Anirban Basu, D. Srinivasa
|Neural Anti‐ Inflammatory Natural Product Periconianone A: Total Synthesis and
|Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2019, 2376|
|Pronay Das, Yash Mankad, D. Srinivasa
|Scalable synthesis of cladosporin||Tetrahedron Letters, 2019, 60, 831|
|D. Srinivasa Reddy, Remya Ramesh||Enantiospecific synthesis of pheromones||WO2016181413A4;US10221122B2.|
|D. Srinivasa Reddy, N.
|Process for the synthesis of ivacaftor and related compounds||WO2016181414A1;US20180127373A1|
|Tricyclic compounds and process for preparation thereof||D. Srinivasa Reddy, Kishor
|D. Srinivasa Reddy, K.
|Synthesis of tricyclic compounds and uses thereof||WO2015121876A1|
Reddy, Revannath L. Sutar, Vinod Kumar, Rahul D. Shingare
|Novel N-heterocyclic carbene compounds, their preparation and use||WO2015102020A1|
|D. Srinivasa Reddy,
GorakhJachak, Remya Ramesh, SantoshTupe, MukundDeshpande
|Silicon based fungicides and process for producing the same||US10053472B2,
|Novel indazole compounds and a process for the preparation thereof||,WO2015015519A1;US9737510B2;
|D. Srinivasa Reddy,
VasudevanNatarajan, Sachin B. Wagh, Remya Ramesh
|Novel pyrrole compounds with silicon incorporation||US9657037B2;WO2014195970A4|
Awards and Honours
- Selected for the highly prestigious J C Bose Fellowship (2021)
- Elected as a Fellow of Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru (2021)
- CDRI Award–Chemical Sciences for the contribution in Drug discovery (2013).
- Scientist of the year by the NCL Research Foundation (2013)
- The Shanti SwarupBhatnagar Award (SSB) in Chemical Sciences (2015)
- NASI-Reliance Industries Platinum Jubilee Award for application oriented innovations in physical sciences (2015)
- Elected as a Fellow of the Maharashtra Academy of Sciences (2015)
- CRSI Bronze Medal in recognition of his contribution in chemical science (2016)
- Elected as a Fellow of the Telangana Academy of Sciences (2016)
- Nominated member of Scientific Body of Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission, Govt. of India (2017)
- Editor of Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, an Elsevier publication (from April 2017)
- Elected as a Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, India – NASI (2017)
- OPPI (Organization of Pharmaceutical Producers of India) Scientist Award (2017)
- Sun Pharma Research Award (Ranbaxy Research Award) in the field of pharmaceutical sciences (2018)
- DST-SERB PAC member (co-opt) for the Organic Chemistry (from 2016)
- KKG Menon Memorial Lecture Award of Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai (2018)
- Council Member of the (NOST) National Organic Symposium Trust (2019)
- Nominated member of the General and Governing Body of National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL), Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Govt of India (2020)
- Council Member of the Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI) (2020)