Dr. D. Srinivasa Reddy
CSIR – Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, Canal Road, Jammu – 180001
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Srinivasa Reddy has more than 20 years of research experience in the synthesis of natural products/medicinal chemistry/drug discovery. Dr. Reddy is best known for his application oriented organic synthesis towards human wellbeing. He is also known for the application of “Silicon-switch approach” in medicinal chemistry. In addition, the work carried out by his group on crop protection is worth highlighting. He is an author of ~120 publications and an inventor in ~35 patents.
- Accomplished total synthesis of ~50 natural products of biological importance.
- One of the molecules (Licogliflozin) discovered by his team in industry is currently in human clinical trials (Phase-II), where he was a project leader.
- Has experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary teams as a PL.
- Acquired skills in designing novel small molecules and lead optimization.
- Experienced in planning and execution of projects (Govt. and Industry).
- Discovered an anti-diabetic lead molecule (along with Shantani Pvt Ltd, Pune).
- Out-licensed patent/technology (two nos.) developed by team at CSIR-NCL
- Identified Silinezolid with high brain:plasma ratio with a potential to treat brain infections.
- Identified of an antibiotic lead compound for treating food infections.
- Identified novel Insect Repellents – Further work is in progress.
- Developed a method to access enantiopure pheromones towards crop protection.
- Identified of novel Cladologs towards potent anti-malarial drug discovery.
Dr. Reddy received several recognitions including the prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award (SSB) in Chemical Sciences and J. C. Bose National Fellowship by DST-SERB, Govt of India. He is also an editor of Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters (BMCL), an Elsevier journal.
|Ph.D.||Synthetic Organic Chemistry,
Adviser: Professor Goverdhan Mehta
|University of Hyderabad, India||2000|
|M.Sc||Organic Chemistry||Osmania University, India||1993|
|B.Sc.||Chemistry, Botany and Zoology||Osmania University, India||1991|
|Director||07/2020-Present||CSIR- Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine,Jammu, Canal Road, India.|
|Senior Principal Scientist||12/2018-07/2020||Division of Organic Chemistry, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India.|
|Principal Scientist||11/2014-12/2018||Division of Organic Chemistry, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India.|
|Senior Scientist||11/2010-11/2014||Division of Organic Chemistry, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India.|
|Section Head/Group Leader||11/2007-10/2010||Discovery Chemistry, Advinus Therapeutics Pvt. Ltd, Pune, India.|
|Research Investigator/Principal Scientist||12/2003-10/2007||Discovery Chemistry, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Hyderabad, India.|
|Postdoctoral Fellow||9/2001-11/2003||Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Kansas, KS, USA; Mentor: Prof. Jeffrey Aubé|
|Postdoctoral Fellow||6/2000-8/2001||Department of Chemistry, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA; Mentor: Prof. Sergey A. Kozmin|
|Doctoral Student||8/1994-5/2000||Adviser: Prof. Goverdhan Mehta|
Area of Expertise
- Total Synthesis of Natural Products
- Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery.
|Vidya B. Gunjal,
RiteshThakare, Sidharth Chopra*, D. Srinivasa Reddy*
|Teixobactin: A Paving Stone toward a New Class of Antibiotics?||J. Med. Chem., (ASAP).|
|Paresh R. Athawale, Hanuman P. Kalmode, Zenia Motiwala, Kiran A. Kulkarni, D.Srinivasa Reddy*||Overturning the Peribysin Family Natural Products Isolated from Periconiabyssoides
OUPS-N133: Synthesis and Stereochemical Revision of Peribysins A, B, C, F, and G,
|Org. Lett., 2020, 22, 3104|
|Gianluigi Lauro, Pronay Das, Raffaele Riccio, D. Srinivasa Reddy*, Giuseppe Bifulco||DFT/NMR Approach for the Configuration Assignment of Groups of Stereoisomers by
the Combination and Comparison of Experimental and Predicted Sets of Data
Chem.,2020, 85, 3297.
|Dr. Gorakhnath R. Jachak, Paresh R. Athawale, Rahul Choudhury, Dr. K. Kashinath, D. Srinivasa Reddy*||Access to a Stereoisomer Library of Solomonamide Macrocycles||Chem. Asian J., 2019,14, 4572.|
|Ramana Sreenivasa Rao, Femil Joseph Shajana, D. Srinivasa Reddy*||A route to access imidazol[1,5-a]indole-1,3-diones and pyrrolo[1,2-c]imidazole-1,3-
Chem., 2019, 17, 8384
|Paresh R. Athawale , Neeta Kumari, Monica R. Dandawate, K. Kashinath, D. Srinivasa Reddy*||Synthesis of Chiral Tetrahydrofuran Building Blocks from Pantolactones: Application in
the Synthesis of Empagliflozin and Amprenavir Analogs
|Eur. J. Org. Chem.
|Vidya B.Gunjal,D. Srinivasa Reddy*||Total synthesis of Met10-teixobactin||Tetrahedron
Letters, 2019, 60, 1909
|Kishor L. Handore, Hanuman P. Kalmode, Shahebaz Sayyad, B.
Seetharamsingh, Ganesh Gathalkar, Sarang Padole, Pushpa V. Pawar, Mary Joseph,Avalokiteswar Sen*, D. Srinivasa Reddy*
|Insect-Repellent and Mosquitocidal Effects of Noreremophilane- and NardoaristoloneBased Compounds||ACS Omega., 2019, 4, 2188|
|Hanuman P. Kalmode ,Suhag S. Patil ,Kishor L. Handore , Paresh R. Athawale , Rambabu Dandela, Abhishek Kumar Verma, Anirban Basu, D. Srinivasa Reddy*||Neural Anti‐ Inflammatory Natural Product Periconianone A: Total Synthesis and
|Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2019, 2376|
|Pronay Das, Yash Mankad,
D. Srinivasa Reddy*
|Scalable synthesis of cladosporin||Tetrahedron Letters, 2019, 60, 831|
|D. Srinivasa Reddy, Remya Ramesh||Enantiospecific synthesis of pheromones||WO2016181413A4;US10221122B2.|
|D. Srinivasa Reddy, N.
|Process for the synthesis of ivacaftor and related compounds||WO2016181414A1;US20180127373A1|
|Tricyclic compounds and process for preparation thereof||D. Srinivasa Reddy, Kishor
|D. Srinivasa Reddy, K.
|Synthesis of tricyclic compounds and uses thereof||WO2015121876A1|
Reddy, Revannath L. Sutar, Vinod Kumar, Rahul D. Shingare
|Novel N-heterocyclic carbene compounds, their preparation and use||WO2015102020A1|
|D. Srinivasa Reddy,
GorakhJachak, Remya Ramesh, SantoshTupe, MukundDeshpande
|Silicon based fungicides and process for producing the same||US10053472B2,
|Novel indazole compounds and a process for the preparation thereof||,WO2015015519A1;US9737510B2;
|D. Srinivasa Reddy,
VasudevanNatarajan, Sachin B. Wagh, Remya Ramesh
|Novel pyrrole compounds with silicon incorporation||US9657037B2;WO2014195970A4|
Awards and Honours
- J.C. Bose National Fellowship by SERB, DST, Govt. of India
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize in chemical sciences
- Fellow of the Indian Academy of Sciences, India (FASc)
- Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, India (FNASc)
- NASI-Reliance Industries Platinum Jubilee Award in physical sciences
- Sun Pharma Research (Ranbaxy) Award in pharmaceutical sciences
- OPPI (Organization of Pharmaceutical Producers of India) Scientist Award for contributions in pharmaceutical sciences
- Nominated member of the scientific body of Indian Pharmacopoeia, Govt. of India
- CRSI Bronze Medal in Chemical Science
- CDRI Award for Excellence in drug discovery research – Chemical Sciences
- Editor of Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters (BMCL), an Elsevier journal
- Fellow of the Maharashtra Academy of Sciences
- Fellow of the Telangana Academy of Sciences
- Scientist of the year award by NCL Foundation
- DST-SERB PAC member (co-opt) for the Organic Chemistry
- KKG Menon Memorial Lecture Award of ICT, Mumbai
- Council Member of the (NOST) National Organic Symposium Trust
- Council Member of the Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI)
- Nominated member of the General and Governing Body of National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL), Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Govt of India